Petra, Wadi Rum and Highlights of Jordan / 3-Days Tour (Every Tuesday and Friday) from Tel Aviv & Jerusalem
Day 1 - Sheikh Hussein Jarash, Amman
- 05:30 - Pick kup from Tel Aviv
- 06:30 Pick up from Jerusalem
- 08:30 - Cross the border into Jordan
- 10:00 Start your explorations with a short tour of Jerash. Jerash was part of the Graeco-Roman Decapolis, the league of ten cities bound by strong political, social and commercial interests. It's one of the best preserved Roman towns outside Italy.
- 12:00 - Continue to tour in the city of Amman - Jordan's sprawling capital city.
- Walking in Amman visit the Citadel, the Roman ruins, and the Roman theater in the most active center of the city, King Abdullah Mosque (outside visit)
- 17:00 - After a full day of exploring the sites, enjoy a relaxing evening in your hotel and get ready for tomorrow’s adventure
- Overnight in Amman
Day 2 - Mount Nebo, Madaba, Wadi Rum
- 08:00 - Start your day at Mount Nebo - the place where Moses is buried. Enjoy the wonderful view up from the mountain seeing the Jordan Valley, the Dead Sea, and Jericho in the other bank of the Jordan River
- 10:00 - Drive to visit Madaba, best known for its Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics, especially a large Byzantine-era mosaic map of The Holy Land. Visit Madaba's most spectacular churches around the world: ST. George church where you will find the Mosaic Map of Jerusalem painted on the floor of the church
- 12:00 - Drive towards Wadi Rum, and enjoy a jeep tour with the unique views of the Wadi
- 18:00 - Arrive at the Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum and enjoy an authentic dinner in the desert setting
- 20:00 - Overnight in Wadi Rum (upgrades possible)
Day 3 - Wadi Rum, Petra, Aqaba
- 08:00 - Enjoy Breakfast at the campsite enjoying the beautiful morning skies of Wadi Rum
- 10:00 - Enter the amazing city of Petra: The two thousand-years-old city and UNESCO world heritage site
- Visit the iconic sites and some of the beaten track places of Petra, those spots who tourists are not usually able to see due to time restrictions
- Enjoy some free time to explore the site at your own pace (time permitting)
- 16:00 - Have lunch in a local restaurant
- 18:00 Head to Aqaba and return to the Israeli side of the border, return to Jerusalem/Tel Aviv, travel time is approximately 4 hours
- Tour begins and ends in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. For those who would like, drop off in Aqaba or Eilat can be arranged at no extra cost
- Guided tour portion in Petra will have a maximum of 25 passengers however transportation may be with more passengers. Transportation may be shared as larger vehicles are more comfortable and accommodating
- Guides speaking other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing
- Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement, and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representatives on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan
- Please note that during Ramadan the tour itinerary will change due to earlier closure of the border
- We are able to arrange a visa for most nationalities (including USA, Canada, all European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Japan, China, India). Certain nationalities are required to arrange a visa in advance. Please contact us in case of questions
- Israeli passport holders (or holders of dual passports with an Israeli passport) must use their Israeli passport at every border crossing
- In order to properly prepare for the border crossing procedure at the Sheikh Hussein Border, please read this information carefully
- For a longer version of this tour, with two full days at Petra, check out our 4 day Petra, Wadi Rum and Highlights of Jordan tour
- Please note that religious items are not allowed in Jordan. Do not bring them with you to the tour as it may cause issues crossing the border.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pickup and transportation to all sites from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, entrance fees, accommodation in Bedouin campsite or hotel, all guiding and water bottle
- $70 worth of entry fees to Petra
- Hand-picked expert tour guide
- Lunch on the 1st day and on the 3rd day
- Authentic Bedouin dinner
- 2 overnights accommodation in hotel & Bedouin campsite including breakfast
- Jeep safari tour in Wadi Rum led by a local Bedouin guide
- Border fee of $90 per person
- Meals not mentioned above
- Travel insurance
- Personal travel insurance
- Leave Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and head to cross the boarder (Sheikh Hussein Boarder); visas are issued at the boarder.
- Visit Jarash the ancient Roman city with its ruins
- Drive to Amman the Capital of Jordan to explore the city.
- Tour in Madaba and its famous Mosaics
- View the Promised land as Moses had after fourty years of wondering in the desert from Mount of Nebo (time permitting; not available from November because of sunset time)
- Head South into the breathtaking desert scenery at Wadi Rum and enjoy a fully guided Jeep Safari tour.
- Stay over a Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum in Deluxe Tent with bed, electricity, private bathroom, heating and air conditioning.
- Enjoy an extended tour in Petra with its most famous and iconic highlights, as well as some of the more off the beaten track parts of the city which tourists are not usually able to see due to time restrictions.
Experience Petra, Wadi Rum, and more highlights of Jordan on our three-day tour departing from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and taking you to Jordan’s most impressive sites. Visit the ancient city of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Explore Wadi Rum, the ‘Valley of the Moon’, with its stunning desert scenery. And discover the impressive sites of Jerash, Madaba, and Mount Nebo, as well as the capital of Jordan, and the port city of Aqaba. This Petra and Wadi Rum tour from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv is fully guided with transportation to and from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The trip includes two nights in a Bedouin glamping style experience or hotel. Our tour departs every Tuesday & Friday from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.